Do you have a SAT-NAV for your Business?5th March 2010
7 Ways to Build Your Business through Referrals24th March 2010
Are you planning to do some advertising this year?
Then here are a few questions you should ask yourself to ensure you get the very best advert working for you…..
Does the advert:
- Have a strong headline to catch attention?
- Does the layout follow the A.I.D.A. princinples? – (Attention – Interest -Desire – Action)
- Mention the benefits of your product or service?
- Have ‘you’ appeal – will it appeal to your target audience?
- Answer questions the reader might ask?
- Include a Call to Action (CTA) telephone number, website address and/or contact details? The size of the CTA needs to be relative to the size of the advert use typefaces and logosin a consistent way? This will help form your company image
- Have short sentences and paragraphs and use simple and clear language to avoid confusion?
- Make sense? Will it to your target customer?
- Include quotations from happy customers as proof that your product or service is worth purchasing (if applicable)?
- Have an image or picture appropriate to the purpose of the advert? (if applicable)
- Break up the copy with sub-headings that tell the story (if it is a large advert)?
- Is the advert being placed in the most appropriate place?
- Is it legal, honest, decent and truthful?
These simple questions will help you to create a business generating advert for your business.
I am running a workshop in the next few weeks where we will be applying these rules and building adverts for those attending. Contact me for more details.