To celebrate this special date (and one of my favourite numbers) here are my 12 traits that I have regularly seen in the successful business owners that I have had the pleasure and privilege to work with over the years.
1. Do what you enjoy.
What you get out of your business in the form of personal satisfaction, financial gain, stability and enjoyment will be the sum of what you put into your business. So if you don't enjoy what you're doing, in all likelihood it's safe to assume that will be reflected in the success of your business--or subsequent lack of success. In fact, if you don't enjoy what you're doing, chances are you won't succeed.
I am often asked by other coaches & business "start-ups" What are my top tips to be successful as a business owner? Then earlier this week I was approached by a lady who was just starting out on her journey to help others as a life coach. She wanted to know what were my top five tips for a business start up as a life coach. I sent her an email response and thought to myself I get asked these questions a lot, so thought it might be useful if I was to share the email with you here.
Do you know where you are going in your business for 2010?
* Do you know where you will end up at the end of 2010?
* Do you have some destinations planned?
* Do you know how to set some realistic goals for your business?
* How are you planning to take advantage of the recession recovery in 2010?
* After all, if you don’t know where you are going how will you know if you have got there!